Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I am a Greedy Nerd

Hello, internet.


I was on a walk with Ammamay* and the Nami dog when I came across an interesting fact about myself.


I hoard knowledge. I love to learn things. I mean, the most fun I have is generally when learning things, but I don't want to do anything with that knowledge, I just want to learn stuff.


This is a bad thing, I think.


'Scholar' is no longer a proper career option and I'm not sure it ever was a career option for us nerd ladies, anyway. I don't have a bunch of brilliant ideas all of the time. I have problems with applying math to my science*. I am, quite often, an idiot.


Q:Where does this leave me?


A1:A part-time job that pays for endless tuition!


A2:TENURED PROFESSORSHIP![YEAH, RIGHT!(...idiot *facepalm*)]


A3:Doesn't matter become a librarian and work on my post-grad psychology courses while "workin' the shelves".


A4:I don't know, I'm not sure if I'll ever know. Some sort of alternative lifestyle that involves the romanticized ideal of a traveling renaissance youth, who travels and gains wisdom eternally young.**


A5:Become half of a married bank-robbing duo. Die by being shot during a car chase by the kind of gun that I, myself, use during robberies.***



      The truth is-I have no idea how my life will go, or what curveballs it will throw at me(ooo, a baseball metaphor! *rolls eyes*). I don't know if everything will go according to plan. To clear things up a bit, I choose Option 3 as of this moment in time.


Here's to our bright futures!

Ag

*My dear Mother

**I'm not that clouded by my dreams, although it sounds like fun.
***Hehe.



"Oh, soon we'll be out amid the cold world's strife.

Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life. "

No comments:

Post a Comment